So my v2.0 boards were a complete dud. Â Turns out some how I messed up the design and ended up wiring up the connector to the wiring harness backwards so nothing works. Â Wasn’t a complete disaster- I was going to have to do another revision of the board either way, but it does slow things down.
Anyways, I just finished the v3.0 board design which:
- Fixes the pin out on the wiring harness connector
- Adds a 5mm LED for low fuel light warning
- Adds some holes in the PCB for adding standoffs to support the LED display
- Removes the terminal block option
Most everything should be pretty self explanatory, but I wanted to take a minute to explain the last item. The first version of the board didn’t have the OEM connector for plugging directly into the stock wiring harness, instead I had a terminal block to connect the wires. I ended up removing the terminal block from this version because:
- I figured the majority of people would use the OEM connector
- I was a bit worried about the reliability of using a terminal block- especially in racing
- Adding the fuel light meant less available PCB space and needing to add a 6th connector
- People can order the board without the OEM connector and solder directly
Anyways, I just submitted the order to OSH Park today- should be a part of March 27th’s panel, and so I should have the boards back by mid-April.