What is a Duzucati? I like to think of it as a Ducati with a little Suzuki in the middle. Ha!
Specifically, I put a SV650 motor in a Ducati 1098S chassis.
Yes, I’m serious.
Why? Well for one, because we can But secondly, because I just couldn’t see myself racing the same first-gen SV650 with GSXR front end and flatsides like everyone else in 650Twins and Formula IV in the AFM. Obviously, that would be the “safe” option, but frankly if I wanted to play it safe I wouldn’t be road racing motorcycles now would I? That said, I believe that building a 650cc twin this way has some advantages over your typical SV650:
- Comes stock with better suspension and especially brakes then your typical bolt on parts from a GSXR
- A lot of data and aftermarket parts (offset triple clamps, etc) are available for racing Ducati 1098’s at all levels of road racing from club racing to World Superbike
- The 1098S comes stock with lightweight forged aluminum wheels
- The 1098 chassis is much stiffer and lighter then the SV650
- The 1098 swing arm is much stiffer then the SV650 and won’t ever need welding on extra bracing which can warp the swing arm
- Frankly, it just looks a lot cooler :)
Want to know more? Here’s my race report for the 2013 AFM racing season on the new bike!
Looking for photos? I’ve got those too!
- Designed and CNC fabricated motor mount bracket by Ed Lloyd
- Custom exhaust
- Exhaust hanger (myself)
- Motion Pro throttle and clutch cables
- Coil mount bracket (myself)
- Tip-over sensor & main relay bracket
- Wiring harness (myself)
- SV650 ECU Decoder (myself)
- Dash and ECU Decoder quick-release bracket (myself)
- Adjustable & Reinforced Fuel Tank Bracket (designed by me, fabricated by Ed Lloyd)
- Custom battery box and over flow catch tank holder by Pega Precision
- Spears Racing SV650 Superbike motor
- Sigma slipper clutch
- Bored out 2nd generation SV650 throttle bodies
- Woodcraft GP Shift adjustable rearsets
- Woodcraft clipons & handle bars
- Woodcraft brake lever guard
- Woodcraft frame savers
- Woodcraft dual temp tire warmers
- Armour Bodies racing bodywork
- Custom paint job by Tim Scarrott of Scarrott Racing
- Bridgestone Racing Slicks
- Motion Pro Revolver Throttle
- Ohlins forks re-valved and re-sprung for a lighter bike by Catalyst Reaction
- Shortened Ohlins TTX MarkII rear shock (revalved by Cataylst Reaction)
- Dan Kyle rear link and ride height adjustment rod
- IMA Special Parts adjustable triple clamps and Thumb Brake
- Motowheels aluminum subframe
- Pierobon front fairing stay
- Ducati 848 eccentric & rear axle to run a 5.5″ rear wheel
- Ducati Forged aluminum wheels
- AFAM Quick change carrier and sprockets
- Brembo 19RCS master cylinder
- CRG Brembo RCS folding brake lever with remote adjuster
- CRG Supersport adjustable and folding clutch with perch
- Power Commander V with custom maps for pump and Sunoco EXO2 race fuel
- Power Commander Quick Shifter
- Galfer custom lightened rear rotor & custom brake line
- Ferodo Racing brake pads
- BrakeTech AXIS Iron brake rotors
- AiM MXL2 dash/data logger
353lbs (wet with fuel)
no motocross for ya?
Any chance of buying the motor adaptor?
I’ve replied to the email address you’ve provided Anthony.
Pingback: Cheap Racing | Syn Fin dot Net