08-09 Sharks Schedule (or converting .csv to .ics)
Every year I end up manually inputting the entire San Jose Sharks schedule into iCal because the Sharks organization doesn’t provide an industry standard .ics file (instead they support Microsoft Outlook). This year, I finally decided to figure out how to convert the .csv file to .ics.
Anyways, long story short, if you’re looking for a schedule of the San Jose Sharks in .ics format you can download it here.
But here’s how you can convert any Outlook compatible .csv calendar export into .ics:
- Download/export the .csv
- Login to Google Calendar
- Create a new Google Calendar under Settings->Calendars (I called it “San Jose Sharks”)
- In the left side tool bar, under “Other Calendars” choose Add->Import Calendar
- Choose the .csv file and the new “San Jose Sharks” calendar
- Go back to Settings->Calendars and click the Export My Calendars link
- After downloading, extract the .zip file
- Find the .ics file corresponding to your new “San Jose Sharks” calendar.
- Import it into your calendaring app of choice (Apple iCal, Mozilla Sunbird, PHP iCalendar, etc)